Friday, February 21, 2014

Book Bites Reviews

Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman
Review by Tori
Eon is a girl pretending to be a boy. She struggles to become a dragon eye. My favorite character is Eon (real name Eona), because she is a strong character. I loved this book because it is very very nerve wracking.

Attack on Titan by Hajime Isayama
Review by B-liz
A town has to survive huge beasts. They also have to live under a king. My favorite character is Mikasa because she is better than everyone. I liked this book because there is lots of battles.

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Review by Paige
A boy who was named Nobody Owens when he came to the graveyard. Jack killed his family and now his family are ghosts. When he meets a girl named Scarlet who can oddly see him, he takes her around the graveyard. My favorite character is Nobody Owens because the ghosts gave him permission to enter the graveyard so he can go through walls. I liked this book because the writing is good and it is mysterious.

Alice in the Country of Clover by Mamenosuke Fujimaru
Review by B-liz
Alice gets expelled from Hearts and has to adjust to the new life. My favorite character is Boris because he is funny and cute. I loved this book because they are entertaining and well written.

Monique and the Mango Rains by Kris Holloway
Review by Paige
A girl who is a peace corps person goes to West Africa to help the people. She is living with Monique, a person who handles childbirth. My favorite character is Monique because she has a strong character. I liked this book because it is about the life in West Africa.

The Year of Billy Miller by Kevin Henkes
Review by Destiny
Billy Miller falls off a two story balcony and is in the hospital. Then before 2nd grade, he thinks he is not smart enough. My favorite character is Sally.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Review by Tori
Harry discovers he is a wizard and goes off to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. My favorite character is Harry Potter because he's the main character. I loved this book because it was very enjoyable to read.

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Review by Hannah
The world is under an attack from an advanced society of aliens. 16 year old Cassie Sullivan is one of Earth's last survivors, and the story follows her as she tries to eliminate the forces of those invading her planet. My favorite character is Cassie's brother Sam because Sam is very funny and adorable and he is also wise beyond his years. He is what keeps Cassie fighting when she feels like giving up.

Other Titles Discussed:
Shatter Me by Taherah Mafi
Fallen Angel by Heather Terrell
Maze Runner by James Dashner

No comments: