Friday, January 11, 2013

Book Bites Reviews

The Candymakers
by Wendy Mass
Review by Katelyn
The kids in this book are in a contest to make candy. My favorite part of the story was when they slept in a cocoa bean room. This book is really good.

Shih Tzu
by Sharon Llyn Vanderlip
Review by Lidia
This book is about shih tzu's and how to train them and their history. I read to page 10 and it's about more stuff. My favorite part is when I learned Shih Tzu's are mini lions. I loved this book because I have a Shih Tzu.

Olivia and The Missing Toy
by Ian Falconer
Review by Melody
Olivia loses her toy. My favorite part was when she cried about the toy. This book is great for youngins who are adventurous.

Son of Neptune
by Rick Riordan
Review by Tim
Percy has lost all his memory and makes his way to Camp Jupiter. He meets Hazel and Frank. Hazel is a daughter of Pluto who died and came back to life. Franks son of Mars and has a long line of family from Greece. My favorite part of the book is when Hazel rides the magical horse. This books VERY GOOD because it has a lot of humor and I like it.

Flush
by Carl Hiaasen
Review by Tori
his book is about a guy who tires to save the ocean from pollution. My favorite part was when his sister sneaks out to get footage of the waste being dumped. Awesome Book!!!

Where the Mountain Meets the Moon
by Grace Lin
Review by Paige
In this book there is a girl who is poor and her grandpa tells her stories. The Girl's Papa tells her stories like "The old man on the moon" and she goes to him to wish for good fortune. I like when the grandpa tells the stories because the stories are really good. I recommend this to anyone who likes adventure cause she goes on an adventure.

Catching Fire
by Suzanne Collins
Review by Jesse
Katniss and Peta return to the arena with the other victorious tributes in the Quarter Quell. My favorite part of the book is when they are entering the arena. I recommend this book to anyone who likes action and fighting. It would also appeal to people who enjoy survival.

Other books discussed include:
Getting Away With Murder by Chris Crowe
Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
World War II: The Italian Campaign by Robert Wallace


For more titles discussed by our Tween and Teen book discussion, click here.

No comments: