Saturday, January 19, 2013

Book Bites Reviews

Double Identity by Margaret Peterson  Haddix
Review by Hannah

Bethany, the main character, is spoiled by her parents, but when she turns 12, her mom starts crying constantly, and a week before she turns 13, her parents drop her off at an aunt's house she never knew existed. She finds out the mystery of her life throughout the story. My favorite part of the story is when Bethany figures out the secret of her life and why her parents suddenly disappeared and why her last mane keeps getting changed. I recommend the is book to anyone who likes mysteries.


New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
Review by Katelyn
Bella gets hurt and Edward gets worried and leaves. My favorite part was the whole book. If you like vampire romance you will like this book.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
Review by Lidia
Greg gets a journal that says "Diary" that his mom got him. He goes to school with weird people. My favorite part was when Greg's mom got him the journal.

Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin
Review by Paige
There is a girl who meets a dragon and has to go to the king to meet the old man of the moon. My favorite part is when the dragon tells a story. I recommend this book to anyone who likes adventure.

Alice the 19th by Yu Watase
Review by Tori
A girl learns that she can use words as powers. My favorite part was when the rabbit girl appears. This book is awesome if you like Manga.

Alice-Miranda at school by Jacqueline Harvey
Review by Melody
Alice goes to boarding school and meets very weird people. My favorite part was when she walks in the gymnasium and a girl is freaking out. If you like realistic fiction, you might like this.

Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko
Review by B-liz
This book is about life on Alcatraz. My favorite part is when they talk about Al Capone. If you like criminals, you'll love this book.

The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
Review by Tessa
Four kids ace a test in different ways, and are chosen to go on a mission. They have to secretly attend the Learning Institute for the Very Enlightened, (L.I.V.E.). They find Mr. Benedict's lost twin, Mr. Curtain with his evil plot to take over the world. My favorite part is when the kids go through the test. Everyone of all ages will love this book.

For a full list of what we are reading, click here.

No comments: